The Partners Physician Academy is a US-based, bleeding disorders-focused educational program delivered by hematology experts. The program’s goal is to support and accelerate career advancement of physicians in fellowship or those early in their career, for leadership as part of the Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) network.
The Partners Physician Academy is a 5-day training course. This innovative program will deepen the commitment of participants to the bleeding disorder community by developing new, collaborative opportunities to support continued mentorship throughout their careers, with the goal of advancing patient care.
The program is designed to be engaging and interactive, and includes a variety of formats:
- Didactic presentations
- Case discussions
- Debates and small group breakouts
- Direct interaction with nationally recognized HTC leaders
- Patient and community voices and perspectives
Provide support to second- to fourth-year fellows or early career physicians (up to two years post-fellowship) working, or intending to work, as part of the US federally recognized HTC network
Assist with physician onboarding at HTCs
Support physician growth
Support physicians to effectively perform in an assistant or medical director role of an HTC
Address educational gaps
Create a forum to address hemostasis educational and training gaps following fellowship
Support mentoring and enable networking and community-building
2022 Academy Details
Dates & Location
The 5-day training course will take place from September 12-16, 2022 at The Alexander Hotel in downtown Indianapolis, IN; participants are expected to arrive in Indianapolis, IN on September 11 and are required to attend all days. You are encouraged to clear these dates in your calendar as early as possible.
Covered by Partners Physician Academy
- Air travel to Indianapolis, coach class
- Ground transportation between airport and hotel in Indianapolis, IN
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and coffee breaks during training
- Hotel accommodations for up to 5 nights
- Planned evening activities in Indianapolis to support networking with mentors and colleagues
Covered by Participants
- Ground transportation/airport parking in the home state
- Out-of-pocket expenses during travel
- Incidentals during hotel stay
Requirements for Participation
The Partners Physician Academy will foster the development of a physician network of highly respected mentors and provide new opportunities for growth, collaboration, and excellence in bleeding disorder care. Program enrollment is via an application process with limited capacity; interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be a second-to fourth-year fellow or early career physician (up to two years post-fellowship)
- Be currently seeing patients in the field of bleeding disorders
- Be working or intending to work as part of the US federally recognized HTC network
- Be available to attend the Partners Physician Academy from September 12-16, 2022 in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Submit a complete application form to include a curriculum vitae (CV)
- Provide a Nomination Form from the Center Director. A writing guide for the Nomination Form can be found as a downloadable resource on the “Apply” page on this website
- Ensure that the application form is complete and received by the deadline of July 8, 2022. Incomplete or late application forms will not be considered.
Selected applicants will be informed of their application status for the Partners Physician Program by July 22, 2022.
Accreditation for the Partners Physician Academy is not available.